Thursday, December 17, 2015

From Beginner to Proffessional: Final Project

My website will be used to promote myself by including all of the work I have done throughout the 
semester.  The work I have completed such as the resume, flyer, poster, postcard, brochure, logo, and business card, were uploaded to the portfolio page on the website. These projects relect on how I have grown as a student and communications skills. I never would have throught I could create graphic designs in programs such as InDesign, Illustrator, and photoshop as well as create a website in Dreamweaver. It was a challenge but I worked hard and proud of the work I have completed by the end of the semester. The social media projects tie in with the website I have created in that the website represents myself and the work I have done. The portfolio page shows all of the hard work I put in to this semester as well as my creativity. The resume shows that I have excellent and varied work experience and it’s fun! The flyer shows that I have the ability to attract someone to come to an event with fun subheads. The poster shows that I can create a message to readers in a unique way. The postcard in a representation of who I am as a person and how others see me as a person. The brochure really shows how hard I worked on that assignment. It was challenging because my group chose a hard brochure layout, but made it work. With tons of revisions to the brochure, it turned out just as I 
expected. The logo and business card were created for a catering business. I have always had a dream of starting my own catering business. The logo I chose to create is fun and eye catching. You know instantly by looking at the logo that it represents a catering business. The work that I have created is successfully posted to the portfolio page of the website I have created, which was another accomplishment in its own. Creating the website was not as hard as I thought it would be. It sounds more scary than it actually is. I have never used Dreamweaver before or any other website software, so completing the website in two classes was accomplishing. The coding was a bit intimidating but my teacher was just oh so helpful that she made it easy to complete! I had all of my files as pdf’s as well as jpeg’s along with all the images and original files in the correct folders, so the website seemed like a breeze in a way. I am happy with the way the website turned out. Being organized pays off! I did have some troubled with trying to figure out what to remove to the coding to remove something because I felt that if I removed something that needed to stay, I wouldn’t know how to fix it. It was only a bit stressful, but I made it through alive. I am very happy with the work that I have completed this semester. It was also an extremely fun class and Maria Pabico is the best teacher ever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment